Sunday, October 26, 2008

Sunday, October 26

Hola,

This morning, we walked to the park. On our way there, I was in need of a Coca Cola Light, so we stopped at one restaurant, and they told us they were not open, then we walked to the next store and they only had regular Coke and Pepsi. After the second shop, Jeferson asked, Mami, No Coca Cola Light? Yes, they know the necessity of me having this in the morning. So, we continued on to the next shop, and I got the last Coca Cola Light that they had. After finally finding my Coca Cola Light, we continued on to the park. While at the park, it started to rain, so we were only there a short time.

The rest of the day was very rainy, and cold. Not like Wisconsin or Minnesota cold, but cold for what it has been here. By the way, I heard that many of you in the Northern Midwest saw some snow flying today. We watched more movies in English this afternoon- Clifford the Big Red Dog, and Scooby Doo. I snuck in a little nap while the boys watched the movies. It was the perfect day for napping. Unlike all of you in the US, I was not bombarded with phone calls campaining for McCain or Obama. This is one thing that I am not missing in the US. Since I left in August, I have actually had to search the television for CNN in order to hear about the elections. But don't worry, I still know all about the personal lives of the candidates. I also don't think that I will be voting,since when I left on August 12, I had no idea that I wouldn't be back for the elections, so I didn't sign up for absentee ballot.

For dinner we were invited over to the home of our rep, and she served us Tamales and Hot Chocolate with cheese and accompanied with an assortment of breads. The tamales are made of corn meal, and had carrots and chicken in them and are wrapped in some sort of leaf and wrapped up like a little present. Then they are cooked. They are very different from Mexican Tamales, and are not spicy at all. We visited with her and her husband, after dinner, and had great conversation regarding the boys and our stay in Colombia.


The boys with our Colombian Rep, Cecilia. They are wearing the sweaters that I bought from a woman who handmade the sweaters. They have their names embroidered on along with "Colombia" and also the Colombian flag. I also purchased 2 Christmas stockings that she made, each with their names on.

So, we are hoping for Sentencia this week. Everyone keep your fingers crossed for us.

Joyce, Eric, Diego and Jeferson

6 comments:

PK said...

Sounds like you had a nice afternoon. What did you think of the hot chocolate and cheese? I actually thought it was quite good. But who'd of thought?

The sweater lady! Isn't she sweet. I have a baptism dress for Lucy that she made. It is beautiful. We received so many compliments when she wore it.

I have family in White Fish Bay. Next time we come through we'll have to get together for a play date or something so we can actually meet in person:)

Phyllis

KR said...

Hi Joyce,

We saw snow today in La Crosse! Fortunately it didn't stick, but it certainly put me in the mood to seek out my gloves and scarf when I got home from a lunch date with a couple girls from work.

Praying for setencia and your speedy and safe return! We CAN'T WAIT to see you and meet the boys!
Love,
Kristen

Anonymous said...

I couldn't believe how GOOD that hot chocolate and cheese was! That cheese is the best and I have never had it since. THe place we stayed for our first adoption would make grilled cheese with it and it was the best dang sandwich ever! Try Pan de Jucca. It is excellent! Glad to hear you are out and not shutting in....it only makes it worse. Please tell Cecilia nad her family "HI" from the Mongovens. We adore her. Hoping for good news this week! Jodi

Anonymous said...

I couldn't believe how GOOD that hot chocolate and cheese was! That cheese is the best and I have never had it since. THe place we stayed for our first adoption would make grilled cheese with it and it was the best dang sandwich ever! Try Pan de Jucca. It is excellent! Glad to hear you are out and not shutting in....it only makes it worse. Please tell Cecilia nad her family "HI" from the Mongovens. We adore her. Hoping for good news this week! Jodi

Glenda said...

The sweaters are adorable. But on those two adorable boys how could they look anything but fantastic.
Yes we saw snow today. It didn't stick but it was windy and cold with flurries. I laughed when I read that you don't miss the campaign calls. We had another one tonight. I feel like they are insulting our intelligence by having a computer call. Take care and I will have my fingers and toes crossed for you-even if I walk a little funny like that. :)
Glenda

The Jaenischs said...

Sounds like you had a fantastic Sunday! Glad you could experience a traditional Colombian Sunday meal! We loved the hot chocolate too! I giggled when you talked about the meal as the first time we went to her home and had the same meal, Brian didn't want to take too much food before the "main course" arrived so he only had like 1 little pastry and 1tamale. Of course that WAS the main course so he was out of luck and he was starving the rest of the day!!
The sweaters are precious on the boys!!! You will have to have their pictures done in those when you get home!
Can't wait for an update on what you did today...and maybe an update on the courts!!
Take care!!
Mary