Thursday, October 30, 2008

Only 1 day to Halloween

Hola-

The kids have been waiting for 2 weeks to finally be able to wear their Halloween Costumes. So I told them today that tomorrow is the day. Diego is going to be SPIDERMAN and Jeferson is going to be BATMAN. When we went to the Halloween store to pick them out, Diego was so excited to be Spiderman, that he could hardly wait to try on the costume. He was grinning from ear to ear, and was actually squealing with excitement. I wish I could have captured that moment on video.

We searched for pumpkins today, but they do not have the same tradition of carving pumpkins as we have in the US, so we could not find any pumpkins. So instead we settled on some gourds, and we put faces on them with a marker.





This morning, I went with our rep to extend my Colombian Visa, as it expires tomorrow. They have extended it to Dec 1, so I hope that is sufficient. The process took much of the morning, because we first had to go to a bank, and deposit the fee into an account of the agency that issues the Visa, for the cost of the Visa extension. Then we had to take that receipt to the Visa office, and apply for the extension. It wasn't a problem, but still took a lot of time. I was photographed and fingerprinted and then the Visa Extension was issued.
Below is a photo of Diego and Daniel (adopted by a family from France), watching a movie.
Below is Cocoa, the dog owned by the French Rep. She brings him here often, and Diego loves to play with him. Here the dog is looking in the window from the outside, as the boys watch the movie.

So, as I mentioned yesterday, the judge has not gotten to our paperwork yet, so we continue to wait patiently.

Adios. Feliz Halloween to everyone.

Joyce, Eric, Diego and Jeferson

5 comments:

The Jaenischs said...

We can't wait to see photos of the boys tomorrow in their costumes! Not only will they be whipped up about the costumes but they will also be on a sugar high! :0) Fun for everyone!!
I am thinking you are picking up your sister as I type this--so happy for you that she is coming to visit! Enjoy the next few days with her!! We're also looking forward to see pictures of her with the boys!
Mary & all

Anonymous said...

Happy Halloween!!

Will (our almost 4 year old)got up this morning at 5:30 wanting to put his costume on already!! Imagine your morning will be similar! Looking forward to some fun pictures of you,your sister, and the infamous duo of Spidey and Batman (ironically our back-up costumes here for the boys if they decide not to put on their fireman and "fire dog" costumes :-))Enjoy the day!

Patsy and boys

The Jaenischs said...

Happy Halloween, Jeferson and Diego!!! We hope you get lots and lots of candy when you trick or treat tonight!! Hope you have a fun day getting to know your auntie!!! Aunties are great...they do LOTS of spoiling so be good to her!
Lauren & Ben Jaenisch

Luann Zimmer said...

Hi Joyce and Diego and Jefferson. I am NOT surprised at all to hear that Diego is going to be superman. After witnessing the superman flying around Hotel Paris, it is so fitting! I am happy you can go to the mall for Halloween and so happy that your sister will be in town also! This will help to perk up your spirits! How is Eric doing alone at home? Thinking about you all and hoping it is not much longer until Sentencia!! Hang in there--these will be incredible memories for you and the boys!
Take Care,

Luann Zimmer

Anonymous said...

Enjoy Halloween with your boys and Jeanne!

Tom