Today was really a quiet day for us. It rained for much of the day. This is really the first time it has rained since we have returned back to Bogota. The rain was very heavy, and even had some thunder.
Cecilia stopped by this morning, and I completed a couple documents that we will need for US Immigration for each of the boys. She is having me complete some paperwork ahead of time, so when we get Sentencia, there will be less things to complete. On Monday, we are going to the Immigration office in Colombia, to extend my VISA, as it will expire on Nov 1. The way it looks, I will be here longer than that date, so we want to be sure to get it renewed before it expires.
In the afternoon, we watched a couple of Children's movies, in English. Clifford the Big Red Dog, and also Toy Story. The kids enjoyed the movie just as much in English, and I am hoping that they picked up a few English words. They are both starting to repeat things that I say to them, in English. Jeferson often times will say something in Spanish, and then say the English word for it. For example, if he burps, he will say, 'Pardone' and then follow up with "Excuse Me!" Both of them also will tend to say "Gracias" and then follow up with "Thank you". They are very cute in saying "Mami, Please" when they want something. They have the cutest accents.
We also did some crafts this afternoon. Diego, who would prefer to just watch TV most of the time, actually put together a boy with construction paper. He started with the legs, and then decided to add a body and head. He put a smiley face on the face, and then we traced his hands and arms, and he cut them out. He then glued it all together. This was fantastic for Diego, to actually complete this. He was so proud of it when he completed it, and he couldn't wait to show papi on the webcam tonight.
Not sure what we are going to do on Sunday. I guess it will depend on what the weather is like.
Adios,
Joyce, Eric, Jeferson and Diego.
2 comments:
Good morning Christy family!
One more thing to cross of the "to do list" when you get Sentencia. Yeah!
I love the arts and crafts pics. The boys are so cute. That's awesome that they are picking up more and more English, like little sponges. I think you'll be surprised how fast they'll learn once they get to their new HOME:)
I'm sure that it is getting to be a long stay in Colombia. Hang in there. You'll be home before you know it. I wish there was somthing back here that we could do for you but...since we're in MN and you in WI...I guess we'll have to settle for comments of support on your blog for now:)
Take care
Phyllis
Hi! It's snowing here!! The kids think Christmas is tomorrow now
:0) Let's just get through Halloween before we hang the stockings!!
What are the 3 of you up to today? I hope you got out and enjoyed the streets of Bogota...if it wasn't raining, of course!! Sundays are so great there!
I have a feeling that tomorrow starts a week that will hold lots of promise for movement in your case! We'll be looking forward to updates!!!
Mary
Post a Comment