The past few days, we just pretty much hung out at some local parks, and at the hotel. The boys are doing well, and their behavior has been OK. Yesterday, Diego wandered away from me at the mall, and I found him a few aisles over standing in front of a large screen TV watching a movie. When he watches TV, he tunes out everything around him, *just like his papi*, so he didn't hear me as I called his name. Then at dinner, Jeferson decided to have a tantrum, because, I cut up his meat for him, and he didn't like that. So, yesterday was truely a challenging day.
Don't they just look angelic!!!A family from France also checked in over the weekend. They adopted a boy 5 years ago, and now returned to adopt 3 siblings- 2 girls and another boy. So, there are alot of children to play with here, and there is a park in the back of the hotel, where the kids can play.
Not really much sightseeing anymore for me, since Eric left. It is very challenging for me with having both boys , to take any trips, other than to the park. Even the mall is challenging. It is great that there is a playground here at the hotel, and alot of room for the kids to run and play.
The rep from several of the families from France has been here everyday for several hours, and yesterday she brought her dog with her. It is a large dog, and Diego spent probably close to 2 hours playing with it yesterday. Both boys just love dogs. Jeferson is a bit apprehensive around big dogs, but eventually gets up the courage to pet them. At one point, I looked out the window in the living area, where the Rep for the French families was sitting, and her dog was looking in the window-along with who else but Diego! It was very cute.
Today, we just hung around the hotel. We have found a great computer program, Starfall.com, and Diego loves to go on the computer and work through it. It is an educational program, and it has a great section with the alphabet. Jeferson and I worked on making some pumpkins out of paper, and cutting out the eyes, nose and mouth. My english sentence of the day was "Be nice to your Brother!!!!" I think they understand what it means, but are ignoring its definition. Both boys can repeat it. 

Now that we are around alot more English language, the boys are really starting to pick up some english words. I am trying to always say the english word for whatever they are asking for. Both of the boys are very good with "Mami, Please?" They have the cutest accent when they say it. Today, we played a game with peanut M&M's and they had to tell me the english word of the color of the M&M before they could eat it. It takes alot to keep their attention, so I am bribing them with candy. Bad mother!!
We have been talking with Eric over the internet, and also webcam every night, and the boys are always so excited to see him and hear his voice. Technology is amazing!
Well, I will update when I hear more. Thanks for all the emails and support.
Joyce, Diego and Jeferson.
5 comments:
Hi Joyce,
Glad to hear the boys are learning a little English here and there... even if it is with candy. :) Are you using Skype to talk and see Eric at home? That's so cool! I'm sure the boys appreciate it, and Eric too!
Still praying for your quick and safe return home!
Love,
Kristen
Fun to hear that the boys are liking the Starfall site. I am sure it is nice as a break for you now and then, and they are learning at the same time!
Good to hear that there is some movement with your case. It has to be hard to be single parenting it right now, but you look like you are doing a fantastic job! Jeferson and Diego look so happy!We have convinced ourselves that all good parents bribe their children. :-) Whatever works!!
Enjoy your day.
Patsy and boys
Hi Joyce! The pictures of the boys are just precious! You have 2 little handsome boys on your hands!!! Great that you have found a computer program to occupy them! Good to hear there are more kids there now to play with at the hotel!
I am glad you have news that your papers are moving....now they just need to move faster!!! You have all our prayers!!!
I just heard something on the window in our office and went to the patio door to look out and sure enough--it is sleeting! YUCK! I was hoping any of that jibjab would hold off until after Halloween! Can't really complain as we have had a beautiful fall and we know it is coming!!!
Take care!
Brian, Mary, Lauren & Ben
HANG IN THERE JOYCE! I hsve kept thinking of you and yours nad hoping that "Colombian Time" goes quickly for you! Don't sit around and wait for it though because it will never be when you expect it! Keep enjoying your weather there as it is getting chilly here! Jodi
Hi Joyce and Diego and Jefferson! It was so great to read your blog and to see all the photos--you should have seen Rachel's face light up when she saw Diego and Jefferson! I hope and pray your process goes quickly and there is LOTS of fast paced progress soon! You'll have Sentencia before you know it!
We look forward to seeing you in NORTH American in the near future!
Luann and Rachel Zimmer
Post a Comment