Thursday, October 23, 2008

October 23- Our papers have moved to the judge!

We received a call this afternoon, and our papers were signed by the Defender of Minors, and it is now residing with the judge. The judge has 10 days to sign off on the paperwork, but we are hoping it will be less than the 10 days. It could be as early as tomorrow, but could also take the full 10 days. So we will wait and see what happens.



Today was a rather quiet day. We hung around the hotel this morning. Jeferson asked for some gum this morning, and I only had 1 stick left for him and Diego to share, so I commented that we will have to get more when we go to the store next time. So, guess what Jeferson wanted to do this afternoon? You probably guessed it, he wanted to go to the store.



We did take a trip to the store, and the boys insisted on wearing their blankets around their necks like superman. So, I walked to the store with 2 Superman wannabees. The boys received a lot of looks along the way. I think that people were wondering why they were wearing a blanket around their necks, or may they were wondering why they were weating their Halloween costume today. Oh well, the kids felt pretty important and were happy.







Diego outside of the grocery store with his Superman cape.



We purchased some bubbles for the boys, and we stopped at a park on our way home, and while we were there, another US family was walking by and said that the US Embassy is suggesting that we stay at the hotel, due to some 1 day picketing and some small explosions that was going on across Colombia. So, we returned to the hotel and took our bubbles with us. The bubbles didn't last very long anyway, as they were spilled within a half hour.











Below is a picture of Jeferson when he was angry at Diego. They are brothers and they fight with each other as all brothers do. I just thought I would throw a picture of him as I often see him throughout the day.




Here is a small article from THE COLOMBIAN REPORTS regarding the picketing today- Our understanding is that this is only a 1 day strike, and the courts were not affected by it. Apparently this is a normal thing here.



25 thousand join day of strike
Thursday, 23 October 2008 17:16
window.google_render_ad();

25 thousand people in Colombia's biggest cities joined a union called strike and demonstrate against the government. Public life was barely disrupted. Only universities had to be closed out of fear for riots.
Workers union CUT called the day of strike a success and there were no reports of any disruption riots of public order. Public universities were closed to avoid radical students to clash with the police.


So, with everyday now, we are hoping we get the call that we can sign Sentencia, and finalize the adoption process, and return home.


We miss everyone.


Joyce, Eric, Diego and Jeferson

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAAAAY. I'm still praying. I even picked up a penny in the parking lot yesterday...!! I'll start packing this weekend-Then surely I won't be going to Bogata because You'll be back!!!(I never pack this far ahead) or, I'll leave with you.....
I love the capes!!
Tia Jeanne

Anonymous said...

Good morning!

Up way too ealry this morning, so thought I would check in. :-) Happy to hear that your papers have been signed by the defender! It can't be long now! We will continue to pray for you guys and that the judge handling your case has a soft heart so you can get home.

Love the boys in the "capes"...something that our two little guys would do in a minute (in fact, Will insisted on going to the grocery store as Superman the other day...what do you do?). You pick your battles, right?? :)

We are really enjoying your blogs. Looking forward to the one saying "Sentencia!" Hoping today is the day!

Take care,
Patsy and boys

PK said...

YIPEEEEE!!!! I was so happy for your family as I checked in on you this morning. You've been in my thoughts and prayers. It really is a such a bummer (I know, the understatement of the year right?) that you all were caught up in this strike. I hope the judge signs soon. SENTENCIA!

Kurt, Phyllis and Lucy

The Jaenischs said...

WOOO WHOOO!!! Great news to read this morning!!! Happy Friday!! It is great you can go into the weekend with positive news on yours case! Awesome to hear!!!
How are the "Caped Cruisaders" doing this morning? Or maybe the "Dynamic Duo" is a better name for them! :0) That was too cute! Wouldn't it be great to get home before Halloween (for so many reasons!) so they can experience that for the first time? Just what every kids needs, more CANDY!!!!
When I was putting Ben to sleep last night in his new "big boy bed" I thought of the boys and what they will think of their new room in your home. You put so much love into getting that ready for them and they are going to love their bunk beds and new toys! Now we just need that judge to sign off so they can see it!!
:0)
Have a great Friday!
Brian, Mary, Lauren & Ben

Anonymous said...

Good news, now like I said before :), speaking from experience, don't sit and wait for the call. IT WILL MAKE YOU CRAZY! Get out and enjoy these last few days in Bogota. I remember being the family there the longest and then like I said, the couple that had only been there two weeks got Sentencia. I had been so proud of myself for not complaining etc and I got up from the table, ran upstairs and bawled....then got up and walked to the mall. Getting outside just helps, hang in there, the boys are adorable in their capes! I have a five and three old with the same scowl throughout the day as Jeferson! Jodi