So, it looks like we are going to make the 3 month mark of being in Bogota. I just spoke to our rep, and she said that the attorney was finally able to speak to the judge today, and the judge said that he has 2 very important Child Cases, that are not adoptions, and he needs to complete them first. So, it looks like it will be next week (hopefully) before he is able to review and sign our documents.
I have to share a story with everyone from this morning. Every morning Diego is usually the first one awake, so he crawls in bed with mommy and turns on the TV and watches cartoons. Well this morning, I realized that he was watching a show in English. I didn't say anything, but I was very proud of him. Then about 10 minutes later he said, "mommy no espanol! English!!!
It was a very special moment. My boys really want to learn English.
Today was actually a very nice day here in Bogota, so we spent a lot of time outside today.
Along the way, we picked up a spider and also spotted 2 spider webs. Aren't we in the Halloween spirit. Oh, by the way, the boys do not hesitate to touch any type of critter.
I just want to share with everyone the view that we see when we walk everyday. Below is a view of when we are returning to the hotel, when we are walking along the canal. Our hotel is actually to the left of the brown building, but you can't see it in the photo.
Here is a picture of the park along our way as we walk in the opposite direction. You can see the path that we follow on the left side of the picture, and in the distance, there is a bridge that we use to cross the canal.
I think these photos will be forever engraved in my memory, as we walk this path so often.
Here is a sight for all of you Midwesterners, who are seeing snow. Iris's in bloom, in October! I saw these on our walk this morning. It is also common to see Poinsettia's in bloom right now.
I am going tomorrow morning to renew my VISA. I have decided that I would rather have it renewed before it expires. There is no way, that I will be leaving Colombia, before next week Tuesday.
My sister from Maryland, is arriving in Colombia, late tomorrow evening for a long weekend. It will be great to see a familiar face, and to have her celebrate Halloween with Joyce and the boys. We are told that the best place for Trick or Treat, is at the mall. That is where most children go for candy, as it is safe.
I am not sure that I will post tomorrow evening, as I am going to try to get the boys in bed, before I leave for the airport to meet my sister. The staff here is going to keep an eye on them, while I am gone. But since they are usually difficult to get to sleep, I am going to get an early start.
Adios.
Adios.
Joyce, Eric, Jeferson and Diego
6 comments:
I am sure you were a little disappointed in the report from the judge but at least you know somewhat of a time line and what is going on with your court. Also good that your lawyer could remind him of your case and stress how long your stay has been. Keep the faith--you really are on the home stretch!
Tomorrow is the big day for auntie to arrive...yeah! I know it is brightening your day to know you will see a familiar face!!
Isn't it wonderful news that the Lee family has a referral? Great to see them picking up finally and that poor family has waited WAY too long for their little girl!
Love the stories about the spiders and anything creepy crawly that the boys like...I think you have 2 110% boys on your hands!!
Buenas noches!
Mary
Hi Joyce,
Any day now... We eagerly await your post entitled "Setencia!"
We're so glad to hear the boys will pick up critters--they'll love fishing up north!
Love,
Kristen & Jeremy
Happy Halloween!
I'm sorry that the update isn't what you wanted to hear. But at least you have an idea of where you are in the process now. Next week? FINGERS CROSSED!
I was so happy to read that you have family coming. Tell her to bring an extra bag so you can send her back with some treasures:)
Seeing the pictures takes me back to our stay in Colombia. We walked the same path almost every day as we had friends staying at Betty's Place which is just behind the grocery store Carulla.
Phyllis
Sorry to hear about the delay with the judge once again. Has to be discouraging, but as Mary said, it has to be good to at least know where things are at. You take what you can get, right? Your attitude and patience is amazing!!
Boy do your pictures bring back memories of our daily walks around Bogota. You are right, they are forever etched in your memory!
I bet you are so excited that your sister will be joining you. That is awesome that she can spend a little time with you and the boys. It is always fun to show the kids and the city off to someone new, and just seeing a familiar face from home is the best. Definitely lifts the spirits. Enjoy every minute!
Hang in there. Know you have lots of people thinking about and praying for you!
Patsy and boys
Hola to the Christy Fanily,
Wonderful that Auntie Jean will be comming for a visit. All the flowers are beautiful. Loved to see the boys making pies. They will love the way you bake for all occasions and they can decorate all the cakes and cookies. The park is very beautiful and makes us Uppers jealous. We have had snow in the highlands already. Love the fact that Diego likes English movies. Jeferson is picking up the language very well too.
Love to all, Mom, Norbert and the Pampered Princess
Glad to hear Jeanne will be there with you for the weekend. She will uplift your spirits. Enjoy Halloween. Remember our trick or treating adventures when we were kids. Like the time someone stole my bag of candy. I was so upset because I had just gotten one of those icecream cones with a cupcake on top. I think I sent you a link to a site where you can carve a pumpkin online. I know its not the same but the boys may enjoy it anyway. (I know I did)ha ha Anyway in case I didn't send it to you here is the link. Enjoy! http://www.coasttocoastam.com/timages/page/pumpkin_sim.html
Take care Your friend Glenda
Post a Comment