We thought it was time to update our blog. So many things have happened since we have returned home, and we have been so busy.
The boys have met most of their new family- including the dog, Ellie. We were very concerned about the dog, because she is very jealous and very protective of us. However, we were totally wrong about her, and worried for nothing. She is absolutely great with the boys. She does need to give them a warning growl once in a while, when they pull at her too hard, but she is very tolerant of them, and loves to play with them. She follows them around all the time.
Below, the boys meeting their grandmothers.
Grandma Agnes, with cousins Max and Arianna.
Showing Grandma Nancy the Spiderman moves and how he strings his web.
Diego at the NBA Milwaukee Bucks Basketball game.
First SNOW!!!! Making snow angels and snowmen.
Run, Run as fast as you can!!! Boys with cousin Max, making gingerbread cookies.
Diego started school -kindergarten, about the middle of November, and it seems to be going well for him. He seems happy everyday, when Joyce drops him off and picks him up after school. It is so cute to see him get out of the van, and run into the school each morning, with his backpack on his back. Last week, he sang in the school program with all of his classmates. It was very cute, and even though he doesn't know or understand the words to all of the songs, he still continued to sing as loud as he could. He is our little singer- he loves music of any kind, and will try to sing along with every song. When he walked in and saw us sitting in the audience, his smile was beaming from ear to ear. He was so proud! However, his ability to stand still on the risers in the group, was lacking, and a few times, he would just sit down, or turn around to look behind him. He was definitely noticed in the crowd. Diego is learning a few words in English, but still wants to continue to speak Spanish. There are 3 other boys in his class that speak Spanish, so he tends to hang around with them more often.
Jeferson stays home with mommy during the day. On Tuesdays and Thursdays, we go to a community center where they have a tots drop in, where the children can play, and then there is a scheduled craft and snack, and then the kids sit in a circle and sing before they leave for the morning. On Wednesday, we go to the library where they have a children's storybook reading, and also a craft. This is helping to socialize him, and also helps with his English. Jeferson is really picking up the English language. He is constantly pointing to things and saying "Mommy, What's this?" He knows what it is, but wants to know the English words for everything. However, when communicating with Diego, he still speaks his familiar Spanish language.
Wow, does 2 boys really put a different twist on our celebration of Christmas. With each small decoration that I hang, I hear a "WOW! Excellente Mommy! Muy Bien (very good!)" I never received so much recognition for hanging Christmas decorations. They love everything about the holiday season. Although Diego did get jealous the other day, when he noticed a picture of Jeferson with Santa. He then proceeded to say that Santa was papi. I have no idea where he came up with that. I asked if he meant "Papa Noel" (Name for Santa in Colombia) and he said no, my papi. It was not papi, and he is convinced that it is. Then on the way to school that day, we saw Santa, helping the kids in the school crossings to walk across the street. I said, there is Santa, and Diego once again said, " its papi". I am not sure why he thinks that all the Santa's are papi, so we decided that Diego needs to visit Santa with papi.
We are planning to stay at home this year, for the first time since we have returned back to Wisconsin. We decided that the boys should be home on Christmas morning. So, we are not going to be doing our usual trip to Upper Michigan, then over to Wausau, WI, and then back to Milwaukee area. We know that it will not be quiet though, not with our 2 boys.
Joyce has not gone back to work yet, but is planning to go back to work, after the holidays are over, and the boys are settling in. She is finding that staying at home with the boys is more difficult than many jobs that she has had. Her day starts with the boys waking up around 6:30 AM, and goes until around 10:00 pm each night, after the boys are in bed, the house is straightened up and dishes are done. These are some long working days.
We hope that everyone is enjoying their holidays, and Merry Christmas to all.
Love,
Joyce, Eric, Diego and Jeferson
4 comments:
Dear Joyce
thank you for updating the blog - it is wonderful to see that the boys (and you !!!) are so happy !
Once again: Merry christmas from Germany
Steffi, Wilhelm, Lisa and Sebastian
Dear Joyce, Eric, Diego, and Jeferson,
I am so happy to see you're updating the blog! It's so wonderful to see photos (I love the boys playing in the snow!) and hear how well you all are doing. Jeremy and I are going to have so much fun talking to the boys in Spanish and teaching some English.
We are looking forward to seeing you in January!
Love,
Prima Kristen
So great to read your update! What a wonderful Christmas for your family!
Hope all goes well with Joyce going back to work! Happy New Year to all of you! We'll be in touch about our Feb vacation...hope we can meet up!
Mary
Joyce and Eric - I am SOOOO HAPPY for you. I just got the christmas card today with the blog info and have been busily reading it.. I wish I had known it was out there before ... I've been wondering about the status of your adoption all year (and of course never got around to calling or emailing to get updates - not that I even have the correct info anymore.)
Enjoy your holidays - tho I'm not sure why you think this is the first time from a child's prospective.... Joyce, you've been married to the biggest kid for YEARS now.
Enjoy the boys... (I need to get back to reading - I'm only 5 weeks in so far)
Joelle
Post a Comment